Saturday, January 4, 2014

High Sales on Green Wednesday


I just submitted this article I wrote to www.DivineCaroline.com (http://www.divinecaroline.com/users/victoria-odonnell-0) I am interested in what you have to say about this particular topic and to start a duscussion about it. It is going to take a few days to be reviewed by www.DivineCaroline.com and hopefully accepted but let me know what you think now. I actually don't think that they are going to accept this article because of the fact that it is nearly taboo to talk about this. There is so much to say about this topic lately because of all the changes in the laws and I personally am wondering what the federal government is going to do next as well as what states are going to follow.

"People are calling it Green Wednesday because of the high sales of recreational marijuana all across Colorado. It's said that they made over $1 million dollars and in Perth, Australia, headlines are saying, "Move Over Amsterdam." With no Doctor's note necessary people from all over the state flocked to wait in line for hours. There is no better feeling than to be alive during a change like this. I love to compare this type of historic change to the prohibition on alcohol. There are so many similarities. The people want this and not many are fighting against this. From what I have observed it seems that the people who are fighting against this either don't know much about the plant or they are in a position of power and this type of change is not going to benefit them. It's also good to know that people who are under the age of 21 are not allowed to buy this chronic goodness. In my opinion I think that just like alcoholic drinks and cigarettes people who are under the age limit are going to try to find a way to get their hands on it. I agree that it needs to be regulated but not ban from total use. The places selling the stuff have made so much money that they are having concerns with how to handle all of it! I was reading an article on the huffington post which I will leave a link to that says,"Owners in the city expressed concern about taking in large amount of cash, since federal banking regulations currently prohibit banks from working with the marijuana industry while the drug remains classified as illegal by the federal government." This is insane! I am very happy to see that the federal government is going to have to take action very soon and not only because I know that they are going to want a piece of the pie but because these places need to be able to have bank accounts! I can't wait to see this drug war end. All of the money and the people spent on the drug war is horrid. This is a welcome change by many in my generation. I am happy to see this happen in my lifetime."

http://www.divinecaroline.com/users/victoria-odonnell-0
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/03/pot-sales_n_4536780.html

No comments:

Post a Comment